The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a new federal law that governs the public workforce system. It is the first update of the nation’s employment system since the late 1990’s. The reauthorization makes sweeping changes to key employment, education and training programs governed by WIOA. WIOA funding programs are overseen by the Labor and Education Departments. The agencies recently offered proposed rules and regulations to implement the sweeping WIOA changes.
The WIOA Boot Camp will provide you with the knowledge and training you need to meet the new requirements of the law. This audioconference is not just designed to inform you and update you on what’s trending, but to give you a working knowledge of WIOA and skills that you can use to out-muscle the competition for grants funding authorized through the new employment law.
The best way for grant seekers to position themselves is to get on the WIOA funding bandwagon early. Program mandates are being written now and there is still time for grantseekers to provide their insights on how to shape the new funding requirements. We will offer a wealth of behind-the-scene details to get participants on their way to securing some of these new funds.
Vision and passion are wonderful things – they are driving forces behind the creation of most nonprofits. But it’s money that keeps the organization running. Behind the lofty public goals of the organization lie the organization’s basic needs, from making payroll to buying equipment and paying the light bill. And all that takes funding. This audioconference will provide those keys to the funding door.
The audio will help listeners get involved in this movement through providing insights on the leaders, funding opportunities, including outside-the-box and upcoming programs, and influential reports and resources that are shaping the fledgling initiative. To ensure your involvement register for our hands-on audioconference:
Boot Camp for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Thursday, May 21, from 2:00 to 3:00 Eastern Time
Attend Live or Request A Recording
Here’s Just Some of What You’ll Learn
- Impact of WIOA on Federal and State Workforce and Employment Funding
- Impact of WIA on Federal and State Adult Literacy and Education Funding
- Updates on the $76 Million YouthBuild Grants
- Changes at Your Local One-Stop Employment Centers
- Details on Proposed Rules and Regulations Offering Guiding Principles
- Insights on Getting Involved in State Planning
- Exclusive Information on Coinciding Private Sector Workforce Initiatives
- Outside-the-Box Opportunities That Address Employment and Literacy Issues
- Details on the Role of Supportive Services in WIOA-Backed Programs
- Current Status of Fiscal Year 2015 Federal Workforce Funding
- Insights on What DOL and ED Will Seek to Fund under WIOA
- Ways to Follow the Funding Trails
- Other Coinciding Funding Trends to Follow
- Who You Should Be Talking to and Meeting with Now
- Tips on Forming Quality Partnerships – a Key Provision of WIOA
- Proven Ways to Get Involved as the program mandates are being written now.
About the Presenters: Ray Sweeney and Frank Klimko – Your Grant Advisors
Ray Sweeney is a highly-experienced grantwriter for a range of nonprofits. Mr. Sweeney is also the long-time editor for the online news service Federal and Foundation Assistance Monitor. Frank Klimko is a veteran Capitol Hill reporter and grants journalist and senior writer for Children & Youth Funding Report and Private Grants Alert.
Here’s What’s Included:
- 60 minutes of Information-Packed Presentation With Q&A
- Handouts with Lists of New Programs and Coinciding Funding Opportunities
- Outline Designed for Easy Note Taking
- 60 Days of Free Access to the Grant Advisors — Let Us Direct You to Funding Success
Audio Conference: Boot Camp for the WIOA – $199