Funder: TJX Foundation; Opportunity: 2016 Program Grants; Funding Focus: Communities, domestic violence, education, health, social services; Geographic Focus: National; Eligibility: Nonprofits; Funding: Varies, (it made $11 million in grants last year); Deadline: Rolling.
Summary: Funder focuses its charitable giving on programs that provide services to disadvantaged women, children and families. The TJX Foundation, the giving effort of the TJX Companies that include TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods, makes grants in communities where it has operations.
Focus areas include:
- Basic critical needs for families and children in need:
- Access to food, shelter, clothing
- Lives free from domestic abuse.
- Access to opportunities for youth in need:
- Programs outside school that enable school success in preK-12
- Workforce readiness for youth (16-24 year olds)