Funder: Nat’l Art Education Assn (NAEA); Opportunity: Nat’l Art Education Foundation (NAEF) 2016 arts education grants; Funding Focus: Arts, youth, education; Geographic Focus: National; Eligibility: K-12schools, teachers (NAEA members); Funding: Multiple awards, up to $10,000 each; Deadline: Oct. 1 (competition will open next summer).
Summary: Projects should promote the arts as an educational tool. Funding helps programs that support classroom-based arts education. NAEF is offering the following funding opportunities:
- NAEF Research Grants: Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to support research in arts education that advances knowledge in the field as well as the goals outlined in a recent NAEA report: “Creating a Visual Arts Research Agenda Toward the 21st Century.”
- Teacher Incentive Grants: Scholarships of up to $2,500 will be awarded to individual art educators to attend training and education programs that promote the improvement of the teaching of art, including instructional process, curriculum, student learning & student assessment.
- Mary McMullan Grants: Grants of up to $2,500 will be awarded for projects that promote arts education as an integral part of the curriculum in public and private elementary and secondary schools as well as institutions of higher education.
- Ruth Halvorsen Professional Development Grants: Annual scholarships of up to $2,500 will be awarded to qualified art educators whose proposals support the improvement of the teaching of art.
- SHIP Grants: Grants of up to $500 will be awarded to arts educators seeking equipment and/or instructional resources needed to advance student learning related to the Nat’l Visual Arts Standards.